Shine Your Light
Why are you waiting?
What are you waiting for?
This is not a dressed rehearsal.
You only get one shot.
Aim! Take Aim!
Target missed. Target missed?
Do not quit.
For the race is not won by the swift.
The mighty, or the strong.
The race is won by she who endures.
You are still standing.
– Ecclesiastes 9:11, Cynthia Hutson
So, again I ask what are you waiting for?
Why are you hesitating on doing what you dream of? What’s your excuse (err…reason)?
One of my Facebook friends asked if anyone ever wondered about life’s what ifs. You know, what if this, that or the other thing had happened, instead of, what really happened in life.
As long as we are standing, as long as we are breathing, as long as we are of sound mind– even kinda sound mind 🙂 —the what ifs are actually today’s possibilities. In all honesty, each year is going to pass whether you do your thing or not.
Reasons like lack of opportunity, lack of money, waiting until the time is right, waiting for “your turn” or asking permission are pretty useless, time sucking, wasteful tactics, that keep us from living at our fullest potential. Frankly, I prefer to ask forgiveness, rather than permission.
We have to be daring enough to find and make opportunities and money, by creatively strategizing and being committed to making what we want a priority. Then we have to take action! In spite of the fear, and know that our choices are valid, correct, and meaningful.
Hey, I care enough to tell you the truth.
Now here are five ways you can start making your “what ifs” very solid and real possibilities:
- Set the intention. Make a decision that you are going to start that business, write that book, begin a daily exercise routine, or whatever your specific goal is. Then watch how the universe will conspire to make you successful. You just have to take the first committed step.
- Be daring enough to do what scares you. Honestly, each time I pour my heart into this blog, each time I hit that send button, each time my words go out into the world never able to be pulled back, retracted, or changed, it scares me to no end. Yet I know my words are serving, building up, someone –and that is more important than my own personal fears.
- Stop operating by what other people think. No matter how hard you try, someone is going to be disappointed about something you say or do. That is their problem and it is really none of your business.
- Show genuine care, concern, and kindness for others, particularly strangers. You never know when you might be in the presence of angels.
- Promise to give yourself only positive self talk. Be gentle, be kind, but firm. This is also when you will want to consider working with an accountability partner, such as myself. I can hold you accountable and help you stay on track to accomplishing all that you have set out to do.
Shine. Shine your light.
P.S. Remember to schedule your complimentary, 30 minute breakthrough session. We can develop and discuss a plan of action to make your “what ifs” a reality. Click here.